Services & Products
Maidot Engineering S.r.l. delivers a broad array of Services covering all aspects of Automation, for either New Process Plants or the Upgrading of Existing Plants (Revamping). In this section is a brief description of several typical services.
We operate according to the most common Contract types (e.g.: Reimbursable, Lump Sum of Services, Target Price, etc.), according to the Customers’ needs and the Project characteristics.
Consulting is a service typically provided by engineering companies and firms to support a Customer’s requirements, with respect to the various phases and disciplines related to the development of a Project. In order for them to be effective, consulting services must not only be accurate and based on specific expertise, they must also be timely and tailored to the Customer’s needs.
The Conceptual Design Phase is aimed at identifying and supporting a business opportunity.
For any type of Process Plant, Conceptual Design comprises the Identification of the project, site and Process Licensees and the selection of any viable alternatives.
During this phase, Maidot Engineering experience and background is useful in assisting the Customer to:
- define its Automation strategies and Preliminary Control System Architecture;
- select the most suitable and updated technologies.
For existing Plants, Maidot Engineering, based on a Site survey and appraisal of the status of the existing Instrumentation and Automation Systems, can assess the expediency and feasibility of replacing or upgrading them.
The Feasibility Study is a tool decision makers can use to determine whether and how to undertake a certain investment.
Feasibility Studies must be based on Conceptual Design decisions, i.e. the definition of the main technical and commercial aspects of a project, with any alternative solutions reduced to a minimum.
A Feasibility Study includes a number of steps, such as a technical analysis, market analysis, project Cost Estimate, analysis of financial resources and Profitability evaluation.
Maidot Engineering has the suitable experience to assist its Customers to:
- identify the optimum solutions for all automation and telecom aspects;
- perform any relevant technical and economical analyses;
- identify a possible overall Control System Architecture;
- minimize project risks and uncertainties;
- perform the cost estimate for Automation and Telecommunications, at the Preliminary Cost Estimate level (accuracy: +/-30%).
During the development of a Project, or the operation of a Plant, the Customer may need assistance to solve technical problems of any kind.
In the case of Automation, Telecom and Instrumentation in general, the problems may concern the technology, the choice of materials or equipment, troubleshooting, data reconciliation, etc.
Maidot Engineering has the resources, the technical background and the experience to take prompt action and meet the Customer’s needs.
System Integration generally involves placing a number of components under a single control system, in order to improve safety, timeliness of control and operation.
Maidot Engineering offers these services:
- PLC Software applications for Siemens Simatic S7 systems
- HMI Software applications for Siemens systems
- SCADA Software applications for Siemens systems
- Integration of SCADA with ERP
- Tracking systems for production and materials
- Data collection applications on IBA systems or custom
- Custom HMI applications with web interface